Immerse yourself in mindfulness learning for 8 weeks in a supportive, affirming space.
By the end of this course, participants will be equipped to tools to:
- Calm the mind and body
- Increase focus and attention
- Let go of obsessive and intrusive thinking
- Work with troublesome emotions
- Begin to heal past wounds
- Increase self-compassion and compassion for others
- Foster joy and well-being in the present moment
The curriculum includes current neuroscience research, secular mindfulness practices, as well as the Buddhist philosophy from which Western mindfulness arose. The program is designed to create a supportive community in which to learn and grow. A group setting provides accountability and structure to encourage daily practice, as mindfulness practice requires regular repetition to yield benefit. Participants will be asked to commit to at least 30 minutes per day of mindfulness practice.